Signature Massage in Austin, TX
The Massage Studio is like a warm hug. As soon as I have a massage here I'm already daydreaming about the next one. It's a lovely little sanctuary!Disclaimer: Experience may vary.
- Shelby G.
Read more reviews
Our 60-minute signature massage is our most popular service, featuring deep tissue therapy that helps alleviate stress and tension in affected muscle areas. Here at The Massage Studio in Austin, TX, we believe 60 minutes should be 60 minutes of massage. That means preparation does not factor into your experience, so please be prepared to arrive at least 15 minutes before your appointment time.
By using a mix of gentle pressure and relaxation techniques, we'll help your body recover effectively. To ensure you receive the massage you desire, our staff has experience in a wide range of massage therapy types. Specialized training ranges from Swedish and deep tissue techniques to cupping and Reiki therapy. Our staff is committed to continued education and learning the latest massage techniques. We do everything possible to ensure you have one of the best massages in Austin, TX!
Massage Add-ons and Upgrades
Make your experience unique with our variety of upgrades locally sourced from Austin, TX! Look over our Truly Free Upgrades & Premium Add-ons:
Truly Free Upgrades
Adding real value to your massage
- Organic Massage Lotion
- Hot Herbal Steam Towel Treatment
- Pain Relieving Gel
- Herbal Neck Wrap
- CBD Massage
- EnchantMint Scalp Massage
- Hot Stone Massage Treatment
- Arnica Massage Oil
Benefits of Deep Tissue Massage Therapy
Reduces Muscle Tension & Stress
Constant stress and improper posture can lead to muscle strain and inflammation. As these problems continue unaddressed, muscle tightness and stress may become severe enough to affect your daily life. Our deep tissue massage techniques focuses on these issues directly, helping your muscles recover faster, reducing anxiety, and improving your mood.
Addresses Chronic Back & Nerve Pain
Taking various medications to treat chronic back pain may come with harmful side effects, without fully treating the issue. Deep tissue massage therapy is a natural, safe, and effective treatment option to help severe back pain. This is why most professional sports teams have a massage therapist on staff and superstars like Lebron James and Kobe Bryant have used massages as a key part of their recovery process.
Helps Lower High Blood Pressure
Excessive stress can cause your blood pressure to rise to dangerous levels. Deep tissue therapy can help alleviate mental and physical stress and anxiety. Receiving massages regularly can overall help you maintain healthy levels.
What to Expect
Introductions and Info
- Before your session begins at The Massage Studio, we'll provide you with a form to fill out any medical history that may be relevant to your session. You will also be able to let us know which affected areas you would like us to focus on. So please be prepared to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your appointment time.
- We also ask if you would like us to provide feedback during your session or to provide a quieter session. That way, we can ensure you receive the most therapeutic experience tailored to your preferences.
- Your session will be in a private and relaxing room; we allow our clients privacy to prepare, including disrobing.
Communicate With Us
- We understand that everyone's body and preferences are different. This includes their tolerance for pressure and work on affected areas. We always encourage our clients to communicate what is and isn't comfortable throughout their experience with us. Your massage does not have to be intense to allow your body to recover effectively. Our therapists are trained to provide you with the most suitable therapeutic treatment based on your preferences.
- Once your session is complete, our therapist will wait outside to allow you to dress. Since deep tissue massage therapy helps relieve toxins from tense muscles, we'll provide a glass of water to wash away any excess toxins.
- Additionally, your treatment does not stop after your session. In order to fully recover and improve your body, you must continue to be conditioned and treated. It’s normal to be a bit sore for a while. Our therapists will take thorough notes on your muscle functioning and will chart important improvements for you to consider!
Frequently Asked Questions
What are Muscle Knots and Trigger Points?
Muscle Knots are sensitive and painful areas of your body caused by strain, bad posture, or a nonactive lifestyle. The affected area may feel like a bump (or 'knot'), due to inflammation. Sometimes a trigger point may be the cause of indirect pain and discomfort. Our therapists can treat these issues by loosening these tightened muscles to improve blood flow and reduce pain and stiffness!
Are Deep Tissue Massages Painful?
At times during your massage, you may experience discomfort as we work on areas affected by strain or tear. However, your experience does not have to be uncomfortable and excessive pain can be counterproductive. You are always in complete control of your experience. Let your signature massage therapist know if they are using too much pressure.
Give Your Body a Detoxifying Cleanse with our Sunlighten Sauna!
Continue your mental and physical health improvement with our Sunlighten Sauna! Here at The Massage Studio, our infrared sauna features the latest technology to relieve stress and remove toxins throughout your body. Benefits also include pain relief and improvements to your body's cardio functioning!
Join Our Austin Studio Club
Our Signature Massage is a great foundation to help improve your overall wellness. However to fully reap the benefits of massage therapy, getting a massage regularly is a must. That's where our Studio Club membership comes in. Take advantage of 10% off massage services and premium add-ons and 50% off our Sunlighten Sauna services! Additionally, retail products, usually sourced from local Austin businesses, are 10% off! With The Studio Club, you can enjoy your experience at a discount!
Join The Club