Prenatal Massages in Buda, TX
I walked out feeling way more relaxed than I was going in. Thank you for helping me unplug and escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life!Disclaimer: Experience may vary.
- Brieanna O.
Read more reviews
The Massage Studio cares about the needs of expecting mothers in Buda and South Austin, so our massage therapists are specially trained to provide massages for mothers-to-be. What’s unique about us is that we offer both side-lying and face down options for receiving your massage.
For our side-lying massage, we use soft pillows to alleviate any strain in the lower back and pelvic areas. We also have a special orthopedic positioning device if you wish to receive your massage comfortably while laying face down. In either position, our prenatal massages help to relieve mind and body tension during pregnancy.
Note: We only perform prenatal massages for clients after their first trimester. We advise consulting with your doctor to make sure prenatal massage is right for you.
What Makes Our Prenatal Massage Different
Our unique, four-piece prenatal cushion allows you to receive your massage while lying on your stomach. The key to a good prenatal massage is to ensure your body is supported properly. At The Massage Studio, our prenatal massage cushions eliminate any twist in your spine or pressure on your belly.
Benefits of Our Prenatal Massage Cushions
- Improved blood pressure and oxygenation
- Decompression of spine
- Elimination of pressure on abdomen and breasts
Benefits of Prenatal Massage Therapy
Stress Relief from Hormone Regulation
Prenatal massages help to reduce stress and encourage relaxation. The stress hormone cortisol naturally rises during pregnancy. Recent studies have found that massages reduce cortisol while elevating levels of oxytocin and dopamine, both known for improving mood and combating anxiety. Regulating these hormones helps to reduce complications during birth and pregnancy.
Relief from Sciatic Nerve Pain
The sciatic nerve, which runs from your lumbar spine down to your feet, is a common source of pain for pregnant women. Many women experience sciatic nerve pain during the late stages of pregnancy. As the uterus expands, it rests on muscles of your lower back and pelvic floor, causing inflammation in your lower back muscles. A prenatal massage can reduce inflammation pain by relieving pressure on the sciatic nerve.
During the third trimester of pregnancy, expecting mothers experience a range of uncomfortable symptoms. From impaired circulation to muscle aches, these symptoms can diminish your quality of rest. Prenatal massages help relax your nervous system, and during the process, significantly improve sleep quality. Finally, your nervous system will relax and allow you to have sweet dreams.
What to Expect From Your Prenatal Massage
Introductions and Info
- Before your session begins at The Massage Studio, we'll provide you with a form to fill out any medical history that may be relevant to your session. Our form also requests information about your pregnancy and any health concerns you may want us to know. You will also be able to let us know which affected areas you would like us to focus on.
- Note: We ask that you are at least thirteen weeks along in your pregnancy before scheduling for your massage.
- Your session will be in a private and relaxing room. We allow our clients to prepare and disrobe in privacy.
Communicate with Us
- We understand that everyone's body and preferences are different. This also includes their tolerance for pressure and work on affected areas. We encourage our clients to communicate what is and isn't comfortable throughout their experience with us.
- You are always in complete control of your experience. Our therapists are trained to provide you with the most suitable therapeutic treatment based on your preferences. Let them know before your massage how much pressure you’re accustomed to. During your prenatal massage, tell them if they need to apply more or less pressure.
- Once your session is complete, our therapist will wait outside to allow you to dress. Since deep tissue therapy helps relieve toxins from tense muscles, we'll provide you with a glass of water to improve blood flow and wash away any excess toxins.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Prenatal Massage Safe for the Entire Duration of My Pregnancy?
Our massage therapists are trained to provide a safe and relaxing massage experience for expecting clients. However, we ask that you are at least thirteen weeks along in your pregnancy before scheduling for your massage.
How Often Should I Receive a Prenatal Massage?
Receiving a prenatal massage on a regular basis provides a variety of benefits. These benefits include mitigating side effects of pregnancy such as joint pain and anxiety while improving your sleep quality and overall wellness.
Join The Studio Club!
Getting prenatal massages regularly makes pregnancy more pleasurable. They reduce discomfort caused by back aches, leg cramps, headaches, joint pain, and swelling, while improving blood circulation. With our Studio Club membership, you can book premium prenatal massages every week at an affordable price. Take advantage of 10% off all massage services, premium add-ons, and retail products! Our retail products are a mix of high quality therapeutic, local, and organic products! Enjoy prenatal massages and more at a discount with our Studio Club membership!
Join The Club
Ease Your Discomfort with a Prenatal Massage from The Massage Studio in Buda Today!
Treat yourself. A gentle and nourishing prenatal massage helps to regulate your hormones, reduce stress and relieve pain caused by pregnancy. For a lavish therapeutic prenatal massage experience in South Austin, contact The Massage Studio in Buda. Our massage therapists are trained to promote physical and mental wellness during your pregnancy.
Get started and personalize your experience with us today!